Location, Location, Location
By: Elainna Hemming
Steamboat Springs, CO - Finding a wedding day venue that appeals to the bride, groom and guests can be an impossible challenge. While the definition of a “perfect” romantic location is different for everyone, Steamboat Springs is known for its breathtaking views and offers several locations, each with its own benefits. Here are six to consider:
1) For an authentically Western wedding venue, Lucky 8 Ranch provides 3,000 sprawling acres of backdrops, views and buffalo. Located on a family-owned American Bison ranch just outside of Steamboat, this venue offers more than just scenery – it’s a quiet haven away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.
2) If you’re looking for an accessible venue with impressive views, consider Colorado Mountain College. The hillside campus overlooks both downtown Steamboat and the ski mountain.
3) For an intimate downtown location, couples can look to The Jace Romick Gallery. The walls are filled with Romick’s photography, which captures the beauty of ranch life.
4) Strings Music Pavilion offers an ideal location for both indoor and outdoor weddings. Their 569-seat venue and stage can be transformed to accomodate weddings of all sizes. With high-quality lighting and sound systems, professional staff and access to a two-acre outdoor park, receptions are customizable.
5) E3 Chophouse’s riverside seating and dining is an unbeatable romantic venue. Guests can nosh on delicious food while enjoying up-close views of the Yampa River mere feet away.
6) For a night of fun for all ages, consider SnowBowl. Recently remodeled, the space offers both a bowling alley and a restaurant, as well as an outdoor stage and yard area adorned with string lights for added ambiance. Rent bowling lanes inside and order meals from the “Party Menu” which offers a wide range of plates, from charcuterie to lamb lollipops. SnowBowl’s casual atmosphere allows everyone to relax and simply enjoy themselves – including the bride and groom.
(Strings Music Pavilion (left) and E3 Chophouse (right) make for an authentic Steamboat Springs experience)